WHAT IS VILLAGE IN THE VILLAGE (ViV)?
The primary goal of VILLAGE in the Village, Inc. (ViV) is to help Corrales seniors live independently in our own homes for as long as possible and remain connected to our community. ViV was established by a group of friends and neighbors in Corrales who share a common belief that sometime in the future we will all need assistance to stay here in our beautiful, peaceful village.
New Member Signup Here
Our mission helps seniors in a number of ways. Our volunteers provide
- Transportation for:
- Health care appointments (medical, dental, optical, physical therapy, etc.)
- Personal care appointments (hairdresser, barber, nail salon, etc.)
- Shopping (grocery, clothing, etc.)
- Errands to bank, post office, cleaners, etc.
- Social, educational, cultural, recreational events and activities
- Notification of Social Interaction and Enrichment Activities
- Information on scheduled activities of interest to Corrales seniors, including those planned and sponsored by ViV.
- Help with Everyday Household Chores
- Minor tasks such as changing a light bulb, taking out the trash, retrieving mail, hanging pictures, etc.
- Companionship and Neighborly Visits
- Accompanying seniors on walks, to library, etc.; regularly scheduled phone calls and/or in-home visits.
- Assistance using Electronic Equipment
- Help and training on personal computers, tablets, TV's, cell phones, etc.
- Non-Medical Assistance for Caregivers—Respite
- Sitting with homebound members to allow spouses/significant others a few hours of independence away from loved ones.