We are a volunteer organization and need the support of the community to remain viable not only for the present, but for the next generations of Corrales seniors as well. Volunteering with ViV now helps ensure we'll be there when you need us in the future!
ViV has many areas where your skills and assistance can be put to good use in furthering our development.
- Transportation for:
- Health care appointments (medical, dental, optical, physical therapy, etc.)
- Personal care appointments (hairdresser, barber, nail salon, etc.)
- Shopping (grocery, clothing, etc.)
- Errands to bank, post office, cleaners, etc.
- Social, educational, cultural, recreational events and activities
- Social and Enrichment Activities
- Information on scheduled activities of interest to Corrales seniors, including those planned and sponsored by ViV.
- Library book delivery/ pick up service, medical equipment pickup/ delivery.
- Help with Everyday Household Chores
- Minor tasks such as changing a light bulb, taking out the trash, retrieving mail, hanging pictures, etc.
- Companionship and Neighborly Visits
- Accompanying seniors on walks, to library, etc.; regularly scheduled phone calls and/or in-home visits.
- Assistance using Electronic Equipment
- Help and training on personal computers, tablets, TV's, cell phones, etc.
- Non-Medical Assistance for Caregivers—Respite
- Sitting with homebound members to allow spouses/significant others a few hours of independence away from loved ones.
ViV also has a number of committees on which you can serve:
- Members and Volunteers Committee
- Social Activities Committee
- Finance Committee (includes accounting/bookkeeping)
- Publicity Committee (includes marketing and newsletter)
- Member Services Committee (includes training on being a Call Manager)
- Website Maintenance and Development
If you'd like to become a volunteer, please indicate this when you complete the Member Signup (the links to become a member are located on the Membership and Services page). All volunteers must become members of ViV. Alternately, you can call the Members and Volunteers Committee at 505-274-6206 or send an email to MembersandVolunteers@VILLAGEintheVillage.org.